Cookies and similar technologies
1. What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that the sites visited by users send to their terminals or devices, where they are stored to be transmitted again to the same sites during subsequent visits. Cookies (and/or similar technologies such as SDK technologies for mobile devices) can be stored permanently (persistent cookies) on your device or can have a variable duration; indeed, they can be deleted by closing the browser or can have a duration limited to the single session (session cookies). Cookies can be installed by the website (first-party cookies) or by other websites (third-party cookies).
Cookies are used for different purposes as it is better specified in the following point 2 of this page.
For profiling activities, personal data collected through cookies are processed for a maximum period of 12 months from the moment consent to treatment is given. Below you will find all the information about cookies installed through the site and/or related applications, and the necessary instructions on how to manage your preferences regarding them.
We remind you that our site supports browsers and/or applications identified below for a proper provision of the service. For better results we recommend you download the latest version of your browser and/or app.
We remind you that we cannot guarantee the correct functioning of the service and the effectiveness of the indications contained in this statement for previous versions of browsers and/or unsupported apps.
1.1. Desktop site browsers
- Chrome version 49.0 or later;
- Firefox version 52.0 or later;
- Internet Explorer version 11 or later;
- Safari version 8 or later.
1.2. Mobile website browsers
- iOS 7.1 or later (iPhone 4 or later): Safari;
- Android 4.1 or later: Chrome 28.0 or later, Samsung Browser 3.3 or later, Android browser;
- Windows Phone 8.1 or later: IEMobile.
1.3. Browser for tablet devices
- iPad: Safari;
- Android: Android Browser.
- IOS 6.1.0 or later;
- Android 3.2.0 or later.
2. Which are the different kinds of cookies?
2.1. First-party cookies and related purposes
The main purposes of cookies installed by the website are:
- technical, they are used for purposes related to the provision of the service and to allow or improve navigation on our website or to store searches. These cookies are essential to ensure our platform is working properly;
- analytics, to collect statistical information on the use of the service by users (e.g. number of visitors, pages visited, ...). We use these cookies to analyze the traffic on our pages anonymously, without storing personal data.
2.2. Third-party cookies and related purposes
The main purposes of cookies installed by third parties are:
- analytical: to collect statistical information on the use of the service by users (e.g. number of visitors, pages visited, ...). These cookies are used to analyze the traffic on our pages anonymously, without storing personal data.
Third party: Google Analytics
- performance: through these cookies we can develop and implement the service, improving your experience of navigation, therefore its use.
Third party: No one
Third party: No one
In addition, cookies specially designed for “social networks” may be activated. They allow the user to interact via social networks (share function, Facebook). When a page contains this command, a direct connection is established with the selected social network.
The consent to the use of potential profiling cookies is provided by the user through the following methods: closing the banner containing the brief information, scrolling the page hosting the banner or clicking any of its elements and can be revoked at any time.
All technical cookies do not require user’s consent, so they are installed automatically as a result of access to the site or service.
Cookies can be completely disabled by the browser using the appropriate function provided in most browsers.
However, you should know that by deactivating cookies some of the website features may not be usable.
Here are the links to the policies of the main browsers for more information on the deactivation of cookies:
Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/it-it/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11
Regarding potential profiling cookies aimed at offering you personalized advertising, we inform you that, if you exercise the opt-out, you will continue to receive general advertising in any case.
To opt out and disable personalized advertisements by changing the settings of your mobile devices, follow the instructions below:
on your device open the “Google Settings” app
scroll down and select “Google”
select “Disable interest-based ads” or “Disable ad personalization”
iOS devices use the Apple Advertising Identifier. To learn more about how to limit ad tracking with this identifier, visit the “Settings on your device” app or visit the page https://support.apple.com/it-it/HT205223.
5. Further information on cookies and how to exercise the opt-out
The Youronlinechoice (http://www.youronlinechoices.com/it/help) and Networkadvertising.org (http://optout.networkadvertising.org) offer the possibility to refuse or accept the cookies of many digital advertising professionals.
To learn more about targeted advertising, you can consult the following pages:
European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EIDAA) (http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/)
Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) (http://www.networkadvertising.org/)
Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) (http://www.iab.com/)